Reunion Part 3 - Short Story

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

**To start at the beginning of the story, click here**

Suddenly, the van headed off to the right and off balance I fell over, knocking my head on the window. Dad followed the exit ramp and drove into the first gas station. Rolling my eyes and grumbling, I climbed out of the car stretching my aching limbs. Turning, I waited for my mom and we walked into the store together.

“Do you need to go to the bathroom, Lily?” my mom asked me in a resonant voice. Blushing, I mumbled no and walked in the opposite direction. A cute cashier guy looked at me and smiled, but lost in my own world, I ignored his attention. I headed for the magazines with my head lowered and plowed into someone. I looked up relieved to see that it was Joe until I saw the frown that had darkened his features.

“I’m sorry Joe, I wasn’t watching where I was going,” I said, calmly, hoping to smooth over the moment. His features softened, but he didn’t say anything he just turned back to the magazines. I rolled my eyes again and started flipping through a magazine. Smiling at my dad when he came in the door, I noticed his harried look that he always gets when we travel.

On the road once again, I leaned forward to attempt a conversation with my parents.

“So what do you guys think we’ll do once we get there?” I asked.

**To read part 4, click here.**

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

ohhh i can't wait to read more!! such an awesome story so far [and yes i read all 3 parts ;)]