"Awwwk"

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's the sound Hubs made when this guy jumped on his arm as he walked out the door the other day. Never heard that before, typically he's QUITE unflappable. You can't scare him, tickle him, nothin'.... Hee hee... :D  

This guy was large, probably 6 or so inches from head to tail....  Of course I'd have squawked if he'd jumped on me, but that's just a given, nothing noteworthy.  Magpie squawked, screamed, jumped?  Of course she did, YAWN.

5 comments :

bella said...

He's impressive, but I have to admit I don't want him crawling on me.

Anonymous said...

Those things are absolutely fascinating to me....I mean they really do turn their head to look you square in the eye....I had one above my front door one cool early fall evening and it s-l-o-o-o-l-y turned it's head all the way around to look at me. It was so 1950's-Vincent Price-vampire-si-fi...I just paused, said helloooo, and backed inside.

Andthenshutthedoorrealquick!!!!

Anonymous said...

They are fascinating and kind of eerie... I wouldn't want him on me either!!

I agree, very vampire/sci fi-esque. :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwk is the sound I just made when I saw him move, hee hee! That's great.

I love those guys too. They're so other-worldly!

Anonymous said...

haha! :)

they are quite otherworldly / alien looking, so cool...