Thursday tumbles downhill to FRIDAY!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hi peepholes... Well, my picture book is off to a crawling start. I've come up with lots of ideas for stories and text but have an illustration block. I'm worried that I'm not good enough to do this. **sigh** I feel capable until I sit down with my pencil and then all the doubts tumble in and dogpile me. Then I say uncle and decide perhaps it's time I vacuum the living room or unload the dishwasher or any other chore that doesn't require draaaawing. Blah.

1 comment :

Matt Keeling said...

Have you ever seen the movie Finding Forrester? There was this part where the kid sits at the typewriter for hours trying to figure ouy what to write and then the mentor tells him to begin typing one of his stories and then once it felt right his own words would come.

Well may I suggest digging out some old stuff and looking at the amazing things you have done in the past? Possible inspiration?

You can do it! I am a kid and I love your work! :-)